Jan 29, 2012

January 29th, 2012

This last month before the wedding is a lot to digest...
But more than having all these things I need to do,
I think it's the conversations that I have with my parents that's the hardest.

I'm so blessed to have the best parents anyone could possibly ask for.
It would be so much easier on me if I didn't know,
but there's no way I could doubt how much they love me,
and how much they sacrifice themselves...even now...for me.
It's amazing how selfless their love and their effort is towards me.

These days, my mom and I always have moments where
we have to fight the tears as our voices waver
as my dad sits and smiles a smile that means a million different feelings.

As I sit on my bed typing away,
I can't help but wonder how much more difficult it would be for them...
to let go of someone they gave birth to, taught, loved, prayed and cared for for the past 24 years.

And as I write this, I am reminded of today's sermon and the love and the grace that God has shown us. I am thankful that my parents' love for me, points me to His love for us.

Forever grateful will I be.
How blessed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment