Jan 1, 2012

January 1, 2012

Today was a day of families, and though I'm tired from days of lacking sleep, I think the re-charge I got from spending time with families was better than what I could get with sleeping. And it definitely was a great way to start the New Year.

The day started off with worship,communion and lunch with the church family, progressed to dinner and festivities with Danny's (my soon-to-be in-laws) family, and ended with a massive skype session with my family.

Thanks to skype, my family was able to do our 새배 successfully. With my parents skyping in from Mexico, 작은 엄마 & 작은 아빠 skyping in from Paraguay, and Danny and myself skyping in from Virginia, everyone was able to 새배 to everyone and though a bit limiting, it was a good family reunion. :)

...As for the New Year, why hello!
There's a lot coming my way, and I know I can't do anything on my own. So...

Lord, please help me be wise and diligent!
May I yearn for you daily, and love and desire you more each day.
May I bless you with all my being, and bring glory to your name.
May I be a better daughter, sister, friend, co-worker, and fiancee.
May I be a wife that fears You and submits to my husband.
May I meditate on your word daily and seek to follow your will.
May I be a tool for your purpose and make my heart & mind malleable to your touch.
May I grow a heart after your heart, and love others as you would like me to.
May my priorities be set straight, with you at the head.
May I be humble always, and eager to serve others.

...this list could probably go on forever, but Lord, just be with me always, and when my worldly self tries to turn away--draw me ever closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment